318 228-5150 (ATT Cell - Call or Text)
What We Have
Watson Library is a 35% selective depository for Federal Government documents. Designated as a depository in 1887, Watson Library is one of the oldest depositories in the state of Louisiana. As a heritage depository, our collection mingles new documents with historical items.
Government information covers a wide range of topics including Agriculture, Business, Education, Health, History, Science, and Statistics. When searching the library's online catalog for these and other topics, expect to find government documents listed in your results. Many government documents are now issued in electronic format, so look for a URL link when accessing government information. Documents published in electronic format are not necessarily websites, but are merely published works distributed through the Internet.
Watson Library is a selective Louisiana State Documents Depository. Search State documents through the library catalog. Most State documents are located in the Cammie G. Henry Research Center located on the third floor of Watson Library. For uncataloged and ephemeral documents, see the Research Center staff
How To Find It
- All government documents published 1976-Present, which are held by Watson library are listed in iLink, the library's online public access catalog. This includes electronic-only titles as well as documents published in paper, microfiche, video, and DVD/CD formats.
- Click on the URL provided to access electronic-only titles. Otherwise, note the location and the call number to find items located in the Government Documents Reading Room on the first floor of the library.
- For government documents published before 1976, you may use the print indices in the Reference Room on the first floor of the library.
- When in doubt, consult the reference librarian on duty.
Using The Library Catalog
How To Search For Government Publications In The NSULA Library Catalog
1. Go to the Advanced/Power Search either from the library's web page or through the library catalog
2. Enter your topic or keywords
3. Select Natchitoches Campus Library
4. Select Government Information Collection
5. Click the Search button
City of Natchitoches